- RSPCA Cats Knowledgebase RSPCA Australia. Information on cat ownership - health, nutrition, vaccinations, desexing, microchipping, etc.
- Why do cats purr? Leslie A. Lyons, Scientific American, 2003.
- How to introduce an adopted cat to a new household John C. Wright, Ph.D., The Animal Behavior Society. A number of helpful pointers.
- Why Cats Scratch Things Daniel Q. Estep, Ph.D. & Suzanne Hetts, Ph.D., The Animal Behavior Society.
- Feline Housesoiling Katherine A. Houpt, VMD, Ph.D., Dipl. ACVB., The Animal Behavior Society. Possible reasons your cat may prefer not to use the litter pan, along with a number of suggested solutions.
- Specialised articles on pedigreed cats at the FCCV The Feline Control Council of Victoria, Inc. Articles on owning a pedigreed cat, showing for the first time, basic genetics, etc.